At they gym, you'll fid lots of equipment such as weight lifting machines, exercise bikes, ellipticals, and treadmills.
Most health clubs also offer jogging tracks and areas for aerobics, as well as classes in fitness activities such as Zumba, or spinning classes. Most gyms offer changing rooms nowadays. Some even have whirlpools, steam rooms, and saunas to help you relax and unwind your muscles after a long hard workout.
The important thing to remember when getting fit is that you need to be consistent. In other words, you'll need to go to the gym on a regular basis. Maybe three or four times a week. It's a good idea to do a wide range of exercises rather than focus on just one such as weight lifting. For example, do fifteen minutes of stretching and aerobics, combined with a half hour of bike riding and another fifteen minutes of weight lifting on two days of the week. On the other two, play some basketball, go jogging and use the elliptical. Varying your routine will help keep you coming back, as well as help keep your whole body fit.
In the Gym Dialogue
1. Hello, my name is Jane and I'd like to ask a few questions about getting fit.
2. Hi, Jane. What can I do for you?
1. I need to get in shape.
2. Well, you've come to the right place. Have you been doing any exercise lately?
1. I'm afraid not.
2. OK. We'll start off slow. Which type of exercise do you enjoy doing?
1. I like doing aerobics, but I hate jogging. I don't mind doing some weight-lifting, though.
2. Great, that gives us plenty to work with. How often can you work out?
1. Twice or three times a week would be good.
2. Why don't we start with an aerobics class twice a week followed by a little weight lifting?
1. Sounds fine to me.
2. You'll need to start slowly and build up gradually to three or four times a week.
1. OK. What kind of equipment will I need?
2. You'll need a leotard and some sneakers.
1. Is that all? How do I sign up for the classes?
2. We'll need you to join the gymand then you can choose which classes fit your schedule best.
1. Great! I can't wait to get started. Thanks for your advice.
2. No problem. I'll see you in aerobics class!
get in shape
weight lifting machines